I am currently a postdoc at Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Liège (ULG), Belgium. I received my B.S. in 1999 and M.S. in 2002, both from Department of Computer Science, Guangxi University, China.
I joined Research Unit of Networking (RUN) at ULG, led by Professor Guy Leduc, in 2007, and defended my PhD thesis in January 2013.
Before, I had worked as a software engineer in a small computer company in Beijing, China.
My main research interests are the applications of machine learning techniques to computer networking problems,
specifically the prediction of end-to-end network performance in large-scale networks.
- Rating Network Paths for Locality-Aware Overlay Construction and Routing
Wei Du, Yongjun Liao, Narisu Tao, Pierre Geurts, Xiaoming Fu and
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2014, accepted
- DMFSGD: A Decentralized Matrix Factorization Algorithm for Network Distance Prediction
[Data and Code],
Yongjun Liao, Wei Du, Pierre Geurts and
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 21, nb. 5, Oct. 2013, pp. 1511-1524
- Decentralized Prediction of End-to-End Network Performance Classes
[Data and Code],
Yongjun Liao, Wei Du, Pierre Geurts and Guy Leduc
Proc. of CoNext 2011, 6-9 Dec. 2011, Tokyo, Japan
- Network Distance Prediction Based on Decentralized Matrix Factorization
Yongjun Liao, Pierre Geurts and Guy Leduc
Proc. of IFIP Networking 2010, 11-13 May 2010, Chennai, India, Best Paper Award
- Triangle Inequality Violation Avoidance in Internet Coordinate Systems
Yongjun Liao and Guy Leduc
Trilogy Future Internet Summer School, 24-28 Aug. 2009, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Detecting Triangle Inequality Violations in Internet Coordinate Systems by Supervised Learning - Work in Progress
Y. Liao, M. Kaafar, B. Gueye, F. Cantin, P. Geurts and G. Leduc
Proc. of Networking 2009, 12-14 May 2009, Aachen, Germany